Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rage

You are so full of rage,
The therapist said in such a calm register.
Rage? That's the last thing anyone
Who knows me would say about me.
Quite the opposite really. She closes
her writing pad and stands and states.
We will pick this up another time,


Why are you so full of rage. I ask her as
I watch her lips purse and her hands
go to her hair to put it into a severe
ponytail,then take it down in quick succession.
Rage! She rages. Anyone who knows me well
would never use that word to describe me!
She stares at me with what looks like hatred
As I put my computer away.

8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, Judy, this is so powerful and I relate to it on so many levels. Fantastic writing!

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is very clever and poignant. I really admire your writing. penny

Anonymous said...

Some times it takes a second look to see what a stranger sees...

That reflection that we thought was pure...that checked mate we didn't see until we were cornered.

Peggy said...

Very effective Judy--two views. Makes me wonder about the impressions we all think we convey to the world.

Laurie Kolp said...

Denial runs deep... powerful poem, Judy!

Willow said...

Well, crap, I wrote a great reply, had to sign in and then had to give my mobile phone number and didn't so my comment went away.

I said more, but basically, projection!

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

eloquent, well done.

Promising Poets Parking Lot said...

welcome back to poets rally,

http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2011/10/agreement-for-thursday-poets-rally-week_19.html

keep up the excellence.

thanks for the attention.