Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cut the Crap (Desk Tray Blues)


I’m sitting by the printer, could I move please?
Too much incoming and I’m full already.
I  know the last thing you shoved into me
was not necessary.  Who needs to keep a copy
of the printer test?  The garbage can is next to me,

the shredder next to that, but I get all the crap.
I think we can get rid of two or three competitors
for waste around here. One, the computer:
She writes more crap than that computer can process.
Two, HER!  She has to eat every time she stops to think
about the rest of the crap she’s going to type into the computer!
And Three: the waste can because she’s obviously not

putting junk mail, junk reports, or junk notes into it. 
Empty me please, I can’t hold another sheet of paper.
I’m meant to have two shelves …she thinks there are three.
I’m made to make things neat…I look like a junk heap.  Help!
Just throw me in that waste can and put me out of my misery.

10 comments:

Ann said...

Too funny, too honest, Judy.

Mary said...

This made me smile, Judy!! What a picture I get from this poem.

Scarlet said...

This is a good one Judy ~ Too much and I break down as well ~

Laura said...

tee hee!

Jennifer Wagner said...

Fun read and nicely personified!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I have a whole set of shelves like that. Hee hee! I so enjoyed this!

Unknown said...

You do a great job giving voice to an inanimate object. I am not able to do this, so admire your pluck and success.

Ella said...

You are so clever! This was fun to read :D

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Judy, if ever there was a neglected item for personification, it is the lowly "in-box." Having worked in office settings for years and years, I can sympathize with the poor dear. And I was as much at fault as anyone of stuffing it. GREAT! Amy
http://sharplittlepencil.com/2013/01/27/extra-extra-editorial-comment-by-moi/

Valleypoet said...

I can sooo relate to this...enjoyed reading:-))