Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolution


 
Each year my priorities seem scrambled
by December I’m bringing them to mind.
This year my nagging mind presents me
with my biggest slack of year.

I’m a writer, I write, so write each day!
If it’s crap I write,  I’ll be satisfied with that
for I’ve been faithful to my love.
I’ll spot the sparkle from a gem here and there,
polish them, put them on display.
I’ll choose the ones that have the highest sheen,
then send those away.  Not because I don’t want them,
don’t own them,
but because I want the world to see.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Excellent resolution, Judy. I could use this one too.

Peggy said...

Great resolution Judy. It is good to see you active writing again. Happy New Year.

Mary said...

Writing daily is a worthy goal for the new year!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Delightful poem. I could certainly relate to it.

Judy Roney said...

Thank you, Peggy. It is good to be back writing on my blog.