Friday, December 3, 2010

Weird

My family was getting smaller, only my daughter now who decided
not to have children..yet . My son passed away. But today I have
two daughters and four granddaughters and three great grandsons.
My second granddaughter just had a little girl last night. I have my

first great granddaughter. I feel comatose..unreal…I can’t believe
the way I feel about this little girl and how much I want to see her
and hold her, how much I love her though I haven’t seen her
or touched her. So much of my life is in flux. Sometimes emotionally

I don’t even know where I am. So this is what it’s like to be a great
grandma. I can’t get this grin off my face or the desire to see her
and hold her off my heart. I’m in a daze. Is this a dream? How can
this be real. This is really weird.

(Written for Poets United prompt..Weird)

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Sometimes change just hijacks us, weird indeed - good weird this time! I'm so happy for you in the sudden upswing of family to love - and I hope you get to cuddle that great granddughter soon.

Willow said...

Yes, good weird for a change, and I am happy for you!

Jingle said...

weird indeed.
well done,

Peggy said...

Love this Judy. Weird can be wonderful.

Paul Andrew Russell said...

Very nice, Judy. This made me smile. :-)

Mary said...

Judy, a few years ago I think you never dreamed you would be a grandmother and now you are not only a grandmother but also a GREAT grandmother. It is really WEIRD sometime how life turns out, and fun when the weirdness is wonderful. Congrats on the birth of your great grand!

Diane T said...

I'm so happy for you with the grandchildren and now a great grandchild in your life. This is a beautiful and heart-felt poem, Judy!

gospelwriter said...

Loved the poem, beautiful and weird feelings.

I can’t get this grin off my face

I'm grinning myself... so happy for you, your first greatgrandgirl. Congratulations!