Sunday, November 20, 2011

Suspicious Mind

I don’t like this cloud that rolls in and covers everything each time I think of you.
You act concerned, but I recognize the moments of forgetfulness and disorganization,
the times you lose your place and tap your finger on your desk.   You need a haircut.
Are you taking care of yourself?  How can you do this job, probe here, pull there, check
this, singe that.  I don’t know what you think or whether you are good, do I go on faith?
How many have you saved?  How many were killed by your practiced hands?
I have to put the upmost trust in you; I put my most precious possession in your hands.
Should I really entrust his life to you, Doctor?  What are my choices?

6 comments:

Shersim said...

Suspicious, indeed! I have to admit I've never thought of it that way. More "how many lives have you saved."

Brother Ollie said...

nice piece - this prose style is tough, but you made it work

Laurie Kolp said...

Hmm... now I think I'll be a little less trusting b/c I think we should always choose docs that are highly recommended.

Ann said...

I call this being careful rather than suspicious, Judy. Keep asking....

Mary said...

It is nice to live in this age where we can check out people so thoroughly on the internet, no?

Willow said...

I hear you, Judy. Well done, I can feel the fear, the worry.