Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lines

I’m never stuck in a line
never have to tap my foot
in impatience or stew in anger

I’m never bored while I wait
in a line at the Krogers
or at Doctor Korte’s office

I always have choices,
a small book tucked
inside my purse awaits

just such a moment
and since these times
in lines lend themselves

to thinking and figuring out
I always have my tiny
orange “Thoughts” book

where I can write down
a good idea, a word I hear
or the lines in my next poem.

Judy Roney
November 14, 2009

2 comments:

Mary said...

How neat to read what you do when you stand in lines. You make good use of the time. I admire that. Me? I just look for the shortest line and wait and get annoyed if there is, as sometimes happens, a slowdown right before it is my turn. LOL.

Judy Roney said...

I am the best chooser of the line that will come to a stop just before I get to the cashier, Mary. Truly, I am a master at it. That is why a book is a good thing for me to have with me because I've decided to no longer fight my fate. LOL