Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PAD 24 - Hopeless or Blues Poem

Hopeless or Blues Poem




Tortured Soul

I'll never know why
I know that now
why my son chose to take his own life.

I watch my husband in grief
My daughter despair
I stand and I look and I cry.

Each day I still hope
for relief from this pain
that penetrates down to my core.

Each morning I awake
from a nightmare night
and then he’s dead all over again.

Each hour brings the knife
cutting my heart out
one tiny sliver at a time.

I’ll bow my head now
in submission and grief
I’m too tired to fight anymore.

You see I’m not human
just a cavern of pain
a tortured soul with no where to go.

Judy Roney
Nov 24, 2008

3 comments:

Peggy said...

So much insight Judy. You just seem to have an endless well of very powerful works to pull out of your heart--and they do indeed feel like the come from your heart. Write on! Hugs

Mary said...

I understand, Judy, the grief does not go away. This poem really expresses that in an intense way, no words spared.

Victoria said...

"and then he's dead all over again" I know. I know.